Sunday, February 3, 2008

Terrible Two's and Terrible Five's?

Does any have those days when they wonder...how did I get myself into this whole motherhood thing? Well I had one today. It started out this morning when Trent left for work, both the kids had finished eating breakfast, and Trent put up the gate into our room before he left. I thought to myself "I am only going to sleep for a little while longer". Well I woke up a little later to find Addison had gotten into the Crystal Light. This has been one of her new things to make, she usually uses the single serving packets however. This morning she chose to use the tubs that make 2 quarts. The only thing is she used 6 of the little tubs for 2 sippy cups! I can only imagine how good that must have tasted. I know I should know better for trying to get some ZZZ's while I have 2 children awake, but when I work every Saturday night I try and milk it all I can. Then to make matters worse we went to run errands this afternoon and she was wearing her (fake) ugg slippers...and she purposefully stomped in a huge black mud puddle...completely staining them!

Talon was a huge bear today also, he has recently learned he can walk place's out side the house, such as on the way to the car etc. Well his usual manner of asking is "Mom, Walk, Please" to which I reply "Hands" and he will gladly hold my hand or Addies. Well today while we were out running errands, I asked him to hold Addie's hand and he refused. I got Addie to carry the drinks I was carrying, and I picked him up. He threw a huge tantrum! The next stop he decides he will hold hands as opposed to being carried, when we get to the car he tries to get into it by himself, I watch just see what he will do. Well, he climbs in and gets into his seat and faces toward the back of the car (his knees are where his butt should go). Well I wait patiently for him to turn around, and he doesn't and he doesn't and he doesn't, so I grab him to turn him around. The kid starts freaking out! Literally, kicking and screaming, then he proceeds to hit me. Well we all know how well that ended for him....

On a better note, Addie and I were watching President Hinkleys funeral today and she asked what was going on. I told her President Hinkley had died, and she started to cry. I told her it is ok that he is back with Heavenly father, Jesus and his sweet wife. She then proceeds to tell me... "Mommy, I love Prophet Hinky and I am happy he got to go back to heaven".

4 comments:

Amber Kelly said...

I am sooo loving it that someone else has kids that are naughty!! Even if it is-only on special occasions! neener neener neener

The Waldron Family said...

WOW I am not alone. Trying to sleep with children awake! But what can you do? Wait til you have a number 3, it gets even better!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Stacie, Life with kids is a wonderful thing is it not? I have decided it is full of "blow Outs" and snotty noses. I don't know if I will ever get to the point where I can wear an out fit more than once. I am glad you found my blog and that you have one too. How fun to catch up. Your kids are adorable even if they are stinkers some times. Mine are more often than not. Hang in there.

Jennings said...

That is pretty funny. It is good that Addison is taking care of Talon and making him drinks. I am sorry about the tantrum thing. The joys of parenting, right?