Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Bullet Train...(according to Addie) AKA the Frontrunner



I love, love, love that my husband gets days off during the week. He does have to work every Saturday, but I feel really lucky that he gets a day off during the week. It helps cut our daycare, if I am working or if I have school. Well, today we both had the day off! To celebrate we decided to spend the day as a family! We took the kids on the frontrunner train up to Ogden. We packed a lunch and ate it on the ride up, then we rode back and both our kids fell asleep on the ride back into SLC.



After that adventure we headed over to the Gateway. We took the kids to The Planetarium. I had a gift card to Abercrombie and Fitch, that I haven't had the chance to use, so I went over and got some cute flip flops, and a shirt while Trent and the kids played. After the Planetarium we went to Gymboree for Circle of Friends. We hadn't gotten our kids any summer clothes yet, so they each got some cute things. To cap off our day we went to eat our favorite restarant- Texas Roadhouse! YUMMY!



My all time Favorite Addi-isms of the day were...
1. We were on the Trax and a boy next to us had long, like middle of the back long, permed hair and Addison says "Mommy sometimes boys have girls hair and girls have boys hair!"
2. We decided to make a trip to redbox and Addie declares that "Talon wants High School Musical 2, because he has never seen it before!"

It is a good thing she is cute and funny, otherwise she may not have made it through childhood!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally cracking up about your addison saying "are you lips painted on to that lady at walmart. That totally sounds like something Whitley would say. I guess we just have to hope that people understand that kids are so innocent.

That trip sounds like a lot of fun...we might have to try that. Did you just go up and back or did you stop in Ogden and do something?

Farley Family said...

What a fun time. I love it when it works out that me & Paul have a week day off together. I sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. Good for you!

Kacy said...

We were talking about taking the kids up to do that. How long round trip was it? How much was it? I was just telling Jason how much fun it would be to go. Your kids are such cuties! This blog thing is so fun.