Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weekends at Grandma's House!

Since I am now working every other Saturday day shift, Marie (Trent's Mom) watches the kid for us on Friday night and during the day Saturday. My kids really LOVE both of their grandparents and provide quite the entertainment. Here are some of the stories from last weekend thanks to Marie.

I wanted to share a few things with you that happened this weekend. Trent may have already shared a couple. One thing I have missed about not tending the kids, is mine and Addie's conversations in the car on the way home. She was into spelling this time and was asking how to spell peoples names. She ask about her name and I told her. She ask me about her last name and I told her. She ask about Talon's name and I told her. She ask about Talon's last name and I told her. She got so excited! "Talon and I have some of the same letters in our names! He has a D and I have a D." It was like a whole new surprise that she and Talon had the same last name.
We went and get sweet rolls and donuts for breakfast Saturday morning and this time she was singing me "her songs." She has done this before and I think it is cute. But one line was especially good. "I love my mama. I love my daddy. My mama and daddy will die, and I will still love them." It was so sweet and she was so sweet and sincere - it just really made me smile.
Another Addie that really hit me. Friday night and Saturday morning several times I told her what a good girl she was. She did some minor thing wrong, I corrected her, she did what I ask and said, "Am I a good girl again?" That one really touched my heart. She is such a good girl and has such a good heart.

Talon was great to watch - it was like watching Trent all over again. He is most definitely his own person, but wow does he remind me of Trent. He talks (or doesn't talk) like Trent did. He likes the same toys Trent did. He has a very similar disposition and some of his expressions. If you ever wonder what Trent was like as a toddler, just look at Talon.
At the shower Talon was playing with a ball - no surprise. I was talking with someone and all of a sudden I heard someone say "Oh!" I turned around and Talon had thrown a ball at a friend of mine who wasn't looking and hit her right in the face. She was great. She said she was fine, she was just surprised how hard he threw it. Talon loved it and even came back to her later and threw it to her when she was looking.

We are so thankful to have wonderful parents that love to have their grandchildren around!

2 comments:

Jana Homer said...

So Funny! What did we do without kids? They say and do the sweetest and most hilarious things!

Jer + Lu said...

What great stories. I'm glad you're writing these down. My favorite is the song about you dying. Funny the things they pick up on...