Thursday, April 3, 2008

Diaper cake and ... Sexual Inapropriateness???

Here is a picture of one of the diaper cakes (as requested) I made for a shower. I have to give a "shout out" to my wonderful mother in law for the idea!




Today was also my last day of my psych clinical's! I have to say I am SO, SO, SO happy about that! We (Nice Amber, Brittany, Me) were on the JOS unit (Juvenile Sex Offenders unit) and while it was a very enlightening experience...I have never felt more violated. I felt like we were constantly being undressed by their eyes. Today one of the boys came to the desk and said "So,so is being sexually inappropriate!" I turn around and he had it out and was playing with it! NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE!!! In case anyone is wondering...No I never, ever, ever , ever want to be a Psychiatric Nurse! I am feeling much better, and finished off my antibiotics today...so hopefully Strep is over! We also got our school schedules for summer and we have a test every week...can I just say I LOVE school???

10 comments:

Kym + Marco said...

Wow...I never had that much fun in clinicals...I'm glad your finally feeling better though!!

The Waldron Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Waldron Family said...

You get all the cool clinicals. I never got anything that exciting, I better go back!

The Lilly's said...

That's too gross! You nurses just don't get paid enough to experience that kind of trauma!

Jason+Lindi said...

oh, the joys of nursing school! I love the cake, way cute!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Addie's funny had me laughing out loud! That is hilarious! All those details. If only I had known that much about my goals at that age. (:

The Lymans said...

That's sick! I wouldn't want to be a psych nurse either. At least you weren't bored out of your mind.

Mogan and Will said...

You do such a good job on those diaper cakes. I just loved mine! :)

Amber Kelly said...

I am to sad to see that you did not enjoy the clinical experience. I must say that I rather enjoyed the colorful experiences that we had on our last and final day. (obviously I am being sarcastic). Love your stinkin' guts

P.S. sorry about the T

:0)

Jer + Lu said...

Psych was definately my least fave rotation too. Glad it's over :)