Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Worst Vacation EVER!


I must say that was the worst vacation we have ever been on, not because Talon hated the rides, not because Talon also hated the characters, and also not because Trent made me have frumpy old lady hair! The reason that was the worst vacation ever was the day we went back to the hotel and I was getting chill's was only a sign of things to come. We flew home Monday afternoon, and headed straight for our nearest instacare only to have them tell what a smart nursing student (I) already knew...Strep throat and both ears had infections. *Warning this part of the post may make you think differently about Disneyland* I think it should be called GERMY LAND, I mean really! The cast members are wonderful at making you think the park is clean, but how clean is it really. We all stand in line touch rails that many others have, and probably are never cleaned, and same with the rides, those bars probably aren't ever wiped down. I know people are walking around with all sorts of infectious diseases (ie Strep, Me, Saturday, Sunday). Also to all the people that flew into SLC with I am sorry for 2 reasons 1- Sorry for traveling with Strep, but a girl's gottta get home! and 2- My hyperactive 2 year old, he was confined to Trents lap, and wasn't exactly happy about it. I must have looked like the most unattached heartless mom ever!

The Final days of our trip are kind of blurry. I spent Friday in Bed (and not a comfortable one), Trent took the kids to Natalie's, and they spent the day together and went to the park. He came back to the hotel around 4, and took me to jamba and to get medicine! What a hot date! When we got back to the hotel I got back to bed. Natalie brought the kids back just in time for bed. Even though we didn't get the date we planned to have while we were there it was really nice of Nats to watch the kids! A BIG shout out to her!

I was determined to not miss the rest of our time at Disneyland so I told Trent I would go for the last two days as long as naps were part of the plan. Saturday morning we had breakfast in the park with Minnie and friends! Addie loved it, Talon hated it! Seriously- that kid has gotta have something wrong with him.

We then went home for naps, which is my favorite part of the day! Then had dinner in our hotel restaurant to save some $ since Disneyland food is a rip off. Once we got back into the park we went on Matterhorn, this was a first for Talon and one of his favorites- favorite meaning he didn't hold on for dear life or scream the whole way through. Check out the picture with his arms behind his head, his hands were like this the entire ride! We also broke down and bought the kids light toys. We got them mickey mouse light swords which they both enjoyed, and they were actually decently priced at 5 bucks each...compared to everything else, I thought that was resonable.






Sunday night after naps we thought Talon would really enjoy the electrical light parade...WRONG! Dead wrong. Trent here is the real reason I got a sit and stand stroller...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

man oh man...not so much fun! I can totally relate! I got heat stroke my last day in Hawaii and then I came home and got mono right away. I hope you feel better soon. I'll see you sometime next week. They won't let me come back to work until I get rid of the sore throat...over a week and counting...so hopefully I'll see you soon...

Anonymous said...

Vacations are hard enough with kids!!! If you are sick that makes it The worst ever. Oh my heck I feel for you. I am glad you guys flew though, I told Bryan if we go we have to fly...I refuse to go very far with our kid in the car. I am sorry that really sucks but I bet your own bed and an antibiotic are making you feel much better ehhhh???

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacie, Is Erin Sedgwick someone we went to Dixie with?

borchertfam said...

Im so sorry that your vacation sucked so bad. I sure hope that you are feeling better. Sure missed you in class the last two weeks. Make sure Trent keeps babying you, you deserve it.

Jason+Lindi said...

Yuck! Though I have to say you are probably the only person that I know with a bum skinny enough to fit in a stroller!

Jennings said...

I just kind of have to laugh about germy land. I am sorry that you got sick from the place. That does not make for fun travels. I hope that you are doing better now and your kids aren't sick.

Niki said...

I am sorry you didn't have fun.. that is too bad.. do you need another vacation after that vacation???