Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Skinny people in the booth!"


For my birthday we went out to dinner with my family to Ruby River. Trent and I got there early to get our names on the list. We had to wait quite a while(since our party was 10), and when they finally seated us, it was a little awkward. They had us in a booth with extra tables off the end, which worked out fine since we are all freaking bean poles. We spent our time enjoying our meal, and then as we were finishing our meals, they started setting up the booth next to us in the same way. (Tables off the booth so it will seat 10) I was sitting next to my Sister-in-Law Jill, and we noticed the only way it was going to fit was if they were bean poles like us. Well, then they walked in and they were easily double or triple our size. So, they were standing there in bewilderment about how they were going to fit...Well then an older lady pipes up "Skinny people to the booth!" Jill and I were busting up, mind you the "skinny people" were double our size.


Trent and I split a T-bone, and got an appetizer and Dessert...definantly good food! We decided that was the way to go since I eat like 1/5 of it, but like tastes of everything. On my actual Birthday my good friend (nice) Amber brought in a Cake into the NICU. Thanks to her I got wished Happy Birthday 50 times! Thanks Amber! Trent and the kids suprised me with flowers at work, and Addie yelled "Suprise, Happy Birthday, We brought you flowers!" It was SO cute. I brought my camera but forgot to get a picture of the occasion!

6 comments:

Jana Homer said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe I forgot!! So how does it feel getting older?!! Hope you had a good day! Love ya!

Heather said...

Well, I didn't write it down, so I forgot! Tell me the exact date so I can remember next year! Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Stacie...can you believe we are entering our 30's...Yikes. Sounds like a fun Birthday and I am cracking up about the skinny people thing. So funny!

The Waldron Family said...

Happy Birthday bean pole! Thanks for the link for the cinderella costume, I will definately look into that the next time the princesses come to town!

Jer + Lu said...

What a fun birthday. Thank goodness for skinny people! I love Ruby River-- espcially their jacketed potatoes. Yum!

Amber Kelly said...

Oh how I usually hate the skinny people!!! But you on the other hand, I love, love, love! I am glad to hear that you had a happy birthday. If anyone deserves it, it is YOU!