Monday, March 17, 2008

My kids are it!

My kids got tagged by the Christensen kids. Here is 8 random facts about our kids-

1. Addison Marie Downs- is named after Trent's mom (who is Marie) and my sister Carla (whose middle name is also Marie). 2. She was born via C/S because she was breech, due to this she would pull her arms and legs into her sleeper when she was a baby and sleep this way. I know my family will kill me for saying this but, my kids weren't cute newborns. I would know though since I have been working around newborns for a few years. They were definitely "FLK's" They did turn into cute baby's though.
3. She is the perfect mix of tom boy and Princess- she loves to get her nails done, but isn't afraid to get dirty with the boys once in a while. 4. She still sleeps with the blanket she had as a baby.

5. She loves chocolate milk...she will choose this anytime over soda pop. This picture was taken when we were trying to bribe her to go potty, if she went she got chocolate milk...she fell asleep instead. 6. She has gone to preschool for 2 years, and really enjoys it. It has been really important to us that she get a social outlet since I am in school and working and we don't get to have play dates and stuff. She is definitely not the least bit shy, she will frequently strike up a conversation with strangers.

7. Addison hasn't cut her own hair yet* When she was 18 months old she did get her hair cut by my niece Abigail, she got her ponytail (under the elastic) and her bangs cut by her! Thankfully Kendra fixed it the best she could and we invested in soft headbands and an ear piercing.

8. Addison is a nurturer to other kids, I have gotten numerous compliments from other parents at preschool that she makes sure all the children are included, and have the supplies that they need. I just haven't figured out why she isn't like this to her brother...just kidding.

9. (I know I said 8, things but when choosing pictures I had to include this!) Addison had to get a cast shortly after Talon was born because she bowed her Fibula, she bent it basically. Well she had to wear a cast because what 3 year old would wear a brace? She had to wear it for 4 weeks, well in that time she went through 3 casts...yes she would wear right through the bottom of them! And every time she got it changed, she picked a new color so everyone knew she went through 3 casts!
1. Talon Jay Downs- is named after Tallon from "Laguna Beach" on MTV. Well, sort of. My sister in law Kendra suggested it to us, and that is where it came from. The Jay is from Trent's Grandpa Cheever- Jay Cheever, and Jake his little brother is Jacob Jay as well.
2. Talon chose his birthday, I chose to have a scheduled c/s since it was a repeat and I went into labor a day before his "scheduled" day.

3. Talon has a webbed toe, his pinkie toe and the one next to it on one foot. Kind of interesting...

4. Talon loves babies. He actually sleeps with Addie's baby doll.


5. Talon will always point out all the fire trucks, helicopters and trains we see as we are out and about. We pass the trax on the way to the babysitters, and I love getting stopped because then I get to hear his little voice go "choo, choo"!

6. Talon has OCD, everything has a place in his mind. He will get mad at us if we pick a different jacket or pair of shoes then he has in mind. He will close doors behind him, and put things away with out being asked.

7. Talon is the most attached kid. He still gets pouty every time we take him to the babysitters. Mind you he has been going to the same place for over a year. If Addie is there she will hold him while I leave...so I guess she is a little nurturing to him. He also loves his Grandpa Downs especially!
8. Talon is definitely Trent's boy. If you have food he wants some of it!
We now tag the Waldron kids, the Gleed kids, and the Homer kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacie, Your kids are adorable and that was fun to learn more about them. Whitley wanted me to read your blog to her so now that she feels like she knows your kids we will have to get them together sometime. My parents live really close to the new IHC buildings.

The Lymans said...

Stacie, it sounds like Addison is going to be a future nurse, too with all the nurturing she's doing. And they (at least Talon) was not a FLK. He looks cute in that bassinet. They are both very cute kids!

The Lymans said...

Stacie, it sounds like Addison is going to be a future nurse, too with all the nurturing she's doing. And they (at least Talon) was not a FLK. He looks cute in that bassinet. They are both very cute kids!

The Lilly's said...

Hi, yah I'm still at LDS and it's so wierd! So quiet and empty. Oh well :( Happy belated birthday!

Sarah said...

That was the best tagging ever!