Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our Little Soccer Player

We signed Addison up for Soccer...again. Anyone remember how it turned out last time...not so well she was more interested in flirting with the teenage referee than playing with the kids. This time we had much better success. She is in an all girls team which has been nice because she isn't getting distracted by those darn boys! I was late signing her up...slacker I know! So she wasn't on the team in our neighborhood so she was disappointed. It was nice to see her become more aggressive as the season carried on. We kept telling her we would take her for ice cream when she scored a goal (yes we are into bribery :)) and she kept telling us "What if I help someone else make a goal?" One night we told her we would take her if she played hard the entire game and what do you know? She scored 4 goals that night! She still kicks the ball like a dancer but I guess that means her dance classes are paying off too!

This night was SO cold that I sat in the car and watched Toy Story with Talon while Trent cheered her on at the sideline!

3 comments:

The Waldron Family said...

YES, all girls soccer is much better. Shantel had a better time too. But we still had a great time playing with you guys last time

Jer + Lu said...

You totally crack me up. I love that she flirts like crazy + kicks like a dancer! What a girl ;)

Amber Kelly said...

Wow Slacker!! Time to get back to blogging!!! 2 months!! Really?