Sunday, February 7, 2010

And Everett makes 5



Apparently I wasn't too creative when I thought about the name for our blog because we are officially now the Downs 5- FOREVER! Yes our family is complete :)
Everett Thomas Downs
October 22nd 2009
9:17 am
7 pounds 2 ounces
21.5 inches

His delivery was smooth and went well. I was scheduled for 7:30 but got bumped after we got there because a laboring patient that needed a c-section and there was only 1 anesthesiologist available. It felt like I was actually in the OR for a really long time because they got me back there and prepped and then called Dr. Brown to come from her office upstairs well when she got there she got called to another room who was ready to deliver and couldn't wait so I felt like I was numb under the bright OR lights forever! Once the surgery started it went smooth though. As she was sewing my uterus back together she said she felt like she was sewing tissue paper together... so scary!

The rest the time at the hospital was very quiet and uneventful because of the visiting restrictions not too many people came. It was super fun texting Mark and Kendra down at UVRMC since we had our babies the same day!

2 comments:

Jennings said...

Congratulations!!! He is very adorable. I hope things are still going well for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Downs5-forever!!! I hope that I can know when I am done forever!!! ha! He is adorable! Glad everything went smooth!