Last week we had the joy of taking Talon to ER. I was saying to Trent a few weeks prior that I am surprised we have never had to take either of our kids to the ER...I guess I should watch what I say!!
Last week on Tuesday I got called from his preschool saying that he was complaining he didn't feel well. When I got there to pick him up he was laying on the floor with a blanket and pillow. He just kept telling me "I need to throw up in the garbage can." When we got home I gave him some Tylenol and put him in bed with me to nap. (yes I do take a nap with my kids...I am growing a baby after all ;)) He was really guarding he abdomen and was grunting when he was breathing which was really odd but he stopped and fell asleep. After he woke up he fine...I mean better than fine running around like his regular old self. On Wednesday night he had a really high fever so we gave him some more Tylenol and put him to bed. The next morning (Thursday) he still had a fever so we kept him home from school. Around lunch time started screaming...literally that his tummy hurt. Then he started the grunting and nasal flaring thing again. This time I called the nurse at his office and explained what was going on. He would let me palpate his abdomen with out too much discomfort but was really guarded with it while he was breathing...plain weird. After talking to the nurse we decided to go see the Dr and made an appointment for later in the afternoon. We are still taking our kids to their pediatrician in SLC because frankly we love her and it is nice going to someone I work with who I trust. Well once we got up there he was still breathing rather rapidly and with some distress but I wasn't too worried because he was doing it intermittently and he was getting down to play occasionally. We did a urine and Strep culture in the office which were both negative; so she decided to send up to Primary to get checked out.Once up at Primary they did Xrays, labs and started and IV thinking he may have appendicitis. He also had a fever still because we didn't give him more tylenol in fear that he may need surgery. All of the Xrays came back great and his labs were all normal...it was the weirdest thing ever. After his 2nd bolus of IV fluids and his tylenol up his butt kicked in he jumped up and said "My tummy feels better lets go home." He then started running all over our room. We were discharged and told to follow up with our Ped in the am. Well the next morning he was fine, no fever no tummy ache nothing. I called the Ped and discussed it and we decided that if it was truly something it would come back or get worse...which thankfully hasn't happened. We are just so glad that he was ok; and it wasn't anything major.






2 comments:
Woah. That is one strange story.
How weird. Glad the little fella's ok.
Post a Comment