Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday Boy Talon

Today is Talon's Birthday!!! He is 3. Big Boy! I wanted to reminisce about Talon's delivery. I went into Labor after working all night in the nursery at LDS hospital. It was one of those marathon nights with 10 or more baths to do. On my ride home I had 3 contractions, but went ahead and went to bed. I woke up a few hours later and was contracting about every 5-7 minutes. I had Trent come home from work and get me, and off we went to Cottonwood hospital. When I got there they told it was a possibility that they give me something to stop my contractions and send me home since they were really busy that day and I had a c-section scheduled for the next day. Well they get me all hooked up and check my cervix and I was a 6 so we went ahead and did the section on the 20th. I am really happy with my decision to have a repeat section rather than try for a VBAC because Talon had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and I would have ended up with a forcep and 4th degree lac had I not. No THANKS!!!
As I look through all these newborn pictures it makes me excited for our new addition...that may just be an announcement.

Yesterday we took the kids along with all the little kid cousins to Kangaroo zoo and to Artic Circle for lunch.
Today to celebrate we went to Chuck E Cheese and did Presents, cake and ice cream!




We love you little buddy and couldn't imagine our family with out you!

7 comments:

Jason+Lindi said...

Wow, this may be a congratulations then!! So exciting!

Sarah said...

Awww... so fun! I can just imagine the 2 of them riding their bikes around the neighborhood this summer.

McCallisterfamily said...

So, we obviously need to catch up! Congrats (finally) when are you due?

Kati said...

I am so excited for you guys. When are you due?

The Waldron Family said...

Ohh Happy Birthday BIG guy!

Jennings said...

Congratulations! Your kids are adorable. I am glad things are going well for you guys. I hope that you are feeling well. When are you due?

Jamie said...

Congrats, that is awesome. So, I want your blue shirt with white flowers. Seriously, where did you get it. I'll definitely stop by your house next time I'm in Orem.